Obtain the APK installer file from Broadened Horizons by purchasing a license. Before you install the App you must make the following settings on your phone.
- Plug your Android phone into USB port of your computer. Pull the notifications down from the very top of the screen and select the USB option to connect as a USB drive. (Note, this will only work if you have a flash memory card installed in your phone.) Open Computer->Removable USB Drive.
- Copy the APK installer file to your phones memory card (Removable USB Drive window you just opened). Unplug your Android phone from the USB port, open File Manager on your phone and browse to the APK file. Tap on it to run and install.
- After you have installed the software you need to start it by choosing ClickToPhone as the input method.
- Withinu->Settings->Language & Keyboard check the ClickToPhone option.
- Finally choose any text entry field in any app such as Messages and hold your finger on it until you see the Edit text dialog. Choose Input Method and then choose the ClickToPhone option.
- The ClickToPhone application should launch and will go through a series of initialisation steps. The first of these is the creation of the word prediction file for the first time. Wait until this is finsihed. Then choose Preferences from the menu and choose your User Level. Uncheck External Switch for stand alone mode. If you enable the HouseMate option, then, when you choose HouseMate from the menu for the first time it will initialise the grids.
- You will only have to go through the above steps once. After that ClickToPhone is set as the input method for the phone even after you turn it off. ClickToPhone is not a standard application and it is not listed in the phones application list. It is a service and can only be accessed through the Input Method dialog or Settings\Language & Keyboard.
- If you want to quit ClickToPhone you have to select a different inupt method. You do this as above or by selecting the Input Method option from the ClickToPhone homepage menu.
Enjoy - we look forward to your feedback!