Housemate+ ECU Environmental Control System with Bluetooth HID Mouse enables a person with no arm movement or hand dexterity to operate everything in their environment wherever they go plus 100% of an Android Tablet and/or Android phone's functionality completely independently! This NEW '+' version includes a Bluetooth HID Mouse for switch or joystick point and tap control over ANY Android app. Point-N-Tap Web browsing with a single simple switch! A fully accessible iPad alternative for schools with iBooks*. Simply push a button, blow a puff of air, bite, turn your head, raise an eyebrow or any other slight movement! Compact and portable use on wheelchair or in bed! More Phones
& Environmental Controls
- Housemate+ ECU with HID Mouse = Same as standard Housemate but adds full point and click/tap control over ANY app in Expert mode.
- Housemate ECU = Same as Housemate+ but without HID Mouse many users do not need
- ClicktoPhone = Full control over Android phone or tablet similar to Housemate but without Learning Infrared Environmental Controls
- FREE TRIAL (Software Only) = Uses entire Touchscreen as a touch sensitive switch. Install from Google Play or APK from memory card. Compatible with all versions Android 2.2 or newer including 4.0 and 4.1 Jelly Bean
What can it control?
- ALL apps on Android Tablet or Phone: Text, eBooks, E-mail, Camera, Netflix, Skype, Music, Audiobooks, Pandora, Audible, + 1000's more
- Entertainment: TV, Cable, Satellite, Blu-Ray, DVD, Stereo
- Communications: Mobile Cell Phone, Landline Phone, VOIP Soft Phone, Emergency Dialer
- Entrance & Exit: ALL Doors throughout the day including apartment security; front, bedroom, garage, & elevator doors, office & classroom doors at work & school, etc.
- Comfortable Environment: Windows, blinds, skylights, Thermostat, air conditioner, fireplace, space heater.
Who is it Perfect for?
- Anyone with limited arm movement who wants access to 100% Android tablet or phone features
- Cerebral Palsy (CP) with poor dexterity and slurred speech
- Individuals with weak or difficult to understand speech
- Augmentative Communications Device Users
- Anyone who does not prefer or is unable to use voice control. (i.e. Vocalize)
- School children who need access to e-books including on the Apple iBooks platform him (use FREE Calibre E-book management to convert iBooks to any other format.) read iPad Accessibility Challenges under Details tab
- Now Start Voice Dialing or Dictating text & e-mails with an ability switch - the perfect combination for those able to speak well!
What is it?
Housemate+ClickToPhone Software is available for Android mobile phones and Tablets. The software scrolls vertically through a series of menu options or grids which can be customized to the user's preferences and skills. When the software begins it attempts to connect with the Housemate hardware, providing 100% access to all functions in former tablet with a single switch or joystick. Housemate consists of both hardware and Android software.
The Housemate hardware is a wireless Bluetooth ability switch interface and Learning Infrared Environmental Controller ECU which accepts any single or dual ability switch or Broadened Horizons 5 Switch Digital Chin or Finger Joysticks designed specifically for ClickToPhone. A TASH Mini Joystick can be used with a special adapter. Alternatively, ClickToPhone can be integrated with your wheelchair controller.
Housemate Android ECU Environmental Controls
Housemate learns infrared signals from your existing remote controls for your TV, DVD player, Blu-Ray, stereo system, air conditioner, space heater, and anything else that comes with an infrared remote. Housemate can be extended to control lighting, thermostats, power adjustable beds, doors, windows, skylights, fireplace, and more with any of Broadened Horizons Environmental Control System Modules!
Example Grid Screen Shots
Environment & Speakerphone
TV & Media Player
House Mate � Editing cells & Grids
Managing HouseMate Infrared Commands
ClickToPhone Android Mobile Phone Switch Control
ClickToPhone enables a person to access their mobile phone through an external switch or by tapping anywhere on the screen. This new Accessibility Software includes lots of features such as:
- Ability to wake up the phone and answer a call using an external switch.
- Ability to phone contacts and receive calls.
- Ability to compose and send SMS text messages.
- Ability to receive and view SMS text messages.
- Ability to speak out text messages using Android Text-to-speech.
- Word prediction and Word anticipation when composing text.
- Ability to add new contacts.
- Ability to dial a number and enter numbers during a call.
- Ability to play music files on the phone.
- Ability to view Photographs.
- Ability to control most aspects of 3rd party Apps in expert mode.
- Ability to record and transmit InfraRed codes using HouseMate hardware.
- Ability to create, populate edit HouseMate grids with symbols and text.
- Ability to use finger movements accross the optic instead of using an external switch.
- Ability to tap anywhere on the screen instead of using an external switch.
ClickToPhone Screen Shots.
Contacts & Add Contact pages
Dialpad & Telephony Keypad
Controlling the Music Player and Gallery applications
Choosing an App and controlling it with a dedicated softkeyboard
Preferences and Hardware Settings
Installing FREE Trial
- Open Google Play Marketplace and search 'ClickToPhone' then click install.
- Alternatively Obtain the APK installer file from Broadened Horizons by purchasing a license. Before you install the .apk App you must make the following settings on your phone.
- Within Menu->Settings->Applications check the UNKNOWN SOURCES option.
- Within Menu->Settings->Applications->Development check the USB DEBUGGING option.
- Plug your Android phone into USB port of your computer. Pull the notifications down from the very top of the screen and select the USB option to connect as a USB drive. (Note, this will only work if you have a flash memory card installed in your phone.) Open Computer->Removable USB Drive.
- Copy the APK installer file to your phones memory card (Removable USB Drive window you just opened). Unplug your Android phone from the USB port, open File Manager on your phone and browse to the APK file. Tap on it to run and install.
- After you have installed the software you need to start it by choosing ClickToPhone as the input method.
- Within->Settings->Language & Keyboard check the CLICKTOPHONE option.
- Finally choose any text entry field in any app such as Messages and hold your finger on it until you see the EDIT TEXT dialog. Choose INPUT METHOD and then choose the CLICKTOPHONE option.
- The ClickToPhone application should launch and will go through a series of initialisation steps. The first of these is the creation of the word prediction file for the first time. Wait until this is finsihed. Then choose PREFERENCES from the menu and choose your User Level. Uncheck EXTERNAL SWITCH for stand alone mode. If you enable the HOUSEMATE option, then, when you choose HouseMate from the menu for the first time it will initialise the grids.
- You will only have to go through the above steps once. After that ClickToPhone is set as the input method for the phone or tablet, even after you turn it off. ClickToPhone is not a standard application and it is not listed in the phones application list. It is a service and can only be accessed through the Input Method dialog or Settings\Language & Keyboard.
- If you want to quit ClickToPhone you have to select a different inupt method. You do this as above or by selecting the Input Method option from the ClickToPhone homepage menu.
- Important: Screen Lock must be disabled. Under Settings -> Security -> Screen Lock, set it to NONE. Alternatively, if your phone or tablet does not seem to have this setting,etc Install "No Lock" from Google Play marketplace.
Enjoy - we look forward to your feedback!
iPad Accessibility Challenges
Unfortunately the Apple iPad and iPhone iOS is a much more locked down platform than Android meaning switch scanning accessibility is limited to only a small subsegment of apps. If these limitations are satisfactory for your needs then we have solutions for you with more in development. If you require 100% accessibility to all apps you will want to use ClickToPhone/Housemate on the Android platform.
ClickToPhone & Housemate access Android at a very low level as a "keyboard" and are thus able to interact with any application universally. iPad apps cannot be accessed at a low enough level to create any sort of universal accessibility. We do have Bluetooth ability switch interfaces for the iPad but these will only work with apps that have been specifically designed for compatibility with Apple VoiceOver accessibility platform for the blind. Unfortunately only a limited number of apps are VoiceOver compatible (such as those that come built in from Apple and a few other augmentative communication specific accessibility apps have been designed for VoiceOver compatibility), meaning a switch user on the iPad or iPhone will NOT have access to all applications, functionality, or capabilities of the iPad or iPhone but only a limited subsegment.
School children who need access to e-books on the Apple iBooks platform use FREE Calibre E-book management to convert iBooks to any other format.)
VoiceOver works with all of the Apple built-in applications that come on iPad, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, and iPhone 3GS, including: Safari, Mail, App Store, iTunes, Music, Calendar, Camera, iBooks, and Notes. Any other third-party apps designed with Voiceover Compatibility will also work with our iOS and Android Bluetooth Wheelchair & Switch Scanning Interface (Under Development) however unfortunately at this time only a small number of the thousands of iOS app developers have incorporated VoiceOver compatibility. Complete List
With the element labeler, you can create custom labels for buttons so it’s even easier to place and receive calls, surf the web, text and email your friends, check your stocks and the weather, and more. However the Element labeler feature is designed for the blind and may or may not work with switch scanning Bluetooth interfaces. Apple is also working with iPhone software developers so they can make their applications VoiceOver compatible Learn more
Apple iOS 6 added enhancements to Assistive Touch that helps create macros for 2-5 finger gestures to be simulated using a pointer such as our Simulated Touch Input Tablet Mouthstick which is ideal paired with the Robo Arm Mount to optimally position the tablet out in front of the user at the correct angle.