Universally designed for ANYONE in ANY seat. Perfectly suited to a disabled or handicapped wheelchair user, indispensable for someone with limited reach and dexterity or who needs to be able to recline wheelchair while utilizing desk.
Maverick Trapezoidal Powered Height Adjustable Standing/Sitting Workstation triples functional space without taking up extra space. More natural movement into desk and away positioned in a corner. Alternatively can be in the middle of a business office facing outward. Provides a more Private-feel with EXCEPTIONAL legroom. Change your position throughout the day to significantly improve blood full, posture, and well-being!
- Aesthetically Pleasing Architectural-Inspired Design - center section appears to "float" above the wings within the outline. Design inspiration came from America's most famous master architect: Frank Lloyd Wright's Falling Waters.
- Legs are uniquely positioned to the outside edges allowing for knees and feet to turn and pass under wings unobstructed, maximizing functional workspace.
- Width of opening between the wings is adjustable from 24" to 38" inches
- Recommend 4"-6" wider than wheelchair or office chair armrests
- Height of wings alongside armrests is adjustable from 25" to 49.5" inches(varies depending on height adjustment specifications for legs chosen)
- Height of center section is 3.5 inches higher than the wings placing keyboard, phone, and monitor at a more ergonomic height with space for knees when reclining wheelchair or simply stretching your legs out straight when seated in an office chair.
- Ergonomic Comfort Gel Keyboard & Mouse Tray available under center section is at ideal ergonomic height so forearms from elbow to wrist remain in a neutral position roughly parallel to the floor.
Real, Naturally Finished Oak elegantly blends into any home or office decore
Request quote for Special Order custom woods & finishes (usually $249)
Solid Oak edging and rounded corners for greater strength and durability
Corner and Rectangular models accommodate almost any floor plan
Arrange 4 of the Corner models facing each other in a circle! Perfect for universally accessible, ergonomic, educational computer labs or office team environments
Personally created by GimpGear Designs & Broadened Horizons President, Mark Felling, a Quadriplegic Wheelchair User, Engineer, Patented Inventor. Quads KNOW upper back, shoulder, and neck pain from strain! Mark literally could not operate Broadened Horizons & GimpGear without this workstation based on Universal Design principles.
Superbly Handcrafted by Felling Products - 3rd Generation Expert American Custom Cabinet makers.
Distributed by Better Living Designs, a Broadened Horizons company.
1 Year Limited Warranty
- Natural Oak 3-Piece Desktop - Center & Two Wings
- Natural Oak Monitor Shelf
- Powered-Height Adjustable Silver Tri-Legs (27)
- 8" Monitor Shelf Legs
- Under-Wing Premium Accessories Drawer
- Premium Comfort Gel Keyboard & Mouse Tray
- Shipping ANYWHERE in continental USA! Contact us for shipping quote elsewhere.
Funding assistance available often through Veterans Administration, Vocational Rehabilitation, Worker's Compensation, etc.
Ergonomics (or human factors) is the application of scientific information concerning humans to the design of objects, systems and environment for human use. Ergonomics is commonly thought of as how companies design tasks and work areas to maximize the efficiency and quality of their employees’ work. However, ergonomics comes into everything which involves people.
Ergonomics is matching the job to the worker and product to the user. Ergonomics and human factors are often used interchangeably in workplaces. Both describe the interaction between the worker and the job demands. The difference between them is ergonomics focuses on how work affects workers, and human factors emphasizes designs that reduce the potential for human error.
Ergonomic hazards refer to workplace conditions that pose the risk of injury to the musculoskeletal system of the worker. Examples of musculoskeletal injuries include tennis elbow (an inflammation of a tendon in the elbow) and carpal tunnel syndrome (a condition affecting the hand and wrist).
Ergonomic hazards include repetitive and forceful movements, vibration, temperature extremes, and awkward postures that arise from improper work methods and improperly designed workstations, tools, and equipment. (source: CCHST)
The musculoskeletal troubles (MST) has major effect on the health in industrial countries. Since 1995, inferior and superior back MST have represented annually 37% of the compensation file and 46% of absentee due to injuries or professional sickness. Financial and human cost related to TMS are enormous. Each year, 500 million dollars is paid by the CSST in indemnity to workers having musculoskeletal internal injury. That amount doesn’t take care of the indirect cost which could double this number. This situation is also alarming in Europe and United States. In accordance with the Working statistic office, in United States the TMS were responsible of 33% of day out (absenteeism) due to injuries or professional sickness. In Europe, The EUROGIP report highlight the constant evolution of the number of workers having to deal with TMS. In regard to 1999 investigation of the European foundation for the improvement of the workplace conditions, MST represented more than 53% of the total professional sickness in the UE 15. The TMS are the first cause of absenteeism (49.9% of all absentee of more than 3 days) and cause more than 60% of permanent incapability to work. All economical sectors of industrial countries are concerned such as manufactures, alimentary sector, buildings and services. Up to now, all prevention action attempted in North America and Europe have failed in resolving this curse.
In those conditions, the intervention to reduce TMS risk can not goes without verifying all problematic encounters in the business. The prevention of MST have to positioned on production operation and organisational stakes to have durable effect. It has to integrate to all changes as much in the conception of the workplace and equipment as in the organisation system introduction (Lean production) or in allowing all the integration of a specific type of population such as young, old or immigrant. (source: IRSST)
Premium Real Woods
- Solid wood edging with veneer surfaces (28 Options)
- Solid wood edging in the exact same species may not be available for more unique options
- Rich in visual and tactile appeal, nothing glows with the warmth, depth and detail of real wood. Choose from classic straight-grain for traditional decorative looks or exotic species to create interiors with sophisticated flair.
- Low-sheen Wax finish recommended standard, Lustrous Gloss finish available